No salad is complete without a delicious salad dressing. However, most salad dressings you can purchase from the grocery are not healthy. They have tons of calories, are loaded with preservatives, fats, and sugars. If you’re trying to eat healthier, there are some great homemade alternatives. You can learn how to make apple cider vinegar dressing instead.
This homemade salad dressing is as healthy as it can be, it’s made with natural ingredients, and it has no added preservatives. But, aside from being healthy, it’s also incredibly delicious and easy to make. Furthermore, the apple cider vinegar dressing is versatile so you can add it to all your favorite salads that are in need of a little bit of tanginess.
If you need even more reasons to make this dressing, we’re pleased to inform you it will take you only 5 minutes to put it together. And it lasts for up to a week if stored in the fridge in a sealed mason jar.
What Do You Need To Make Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
This apple cider vinegar dressing is full of amazing flavors and it compliments almost any salad. To make it, you only need a few ingredients:
- Lemon juice – to make it refreshing and lemony;
- Nutritional yeast – to add a cheesy and nutty flavor;
- Extra virgin olive oil – a healthy fat that brings all the dressing ingredients together;
- Himalayan sea salt – for the saltiness but also for extra minerals;
- Raw apple cider vinegar – for flavor but also for added nutritious benefits including.
While you can purchase raw apple cider vinegar from the grocery store, we actually prefer making it at home. It’s easy and the taste of the dressing is so much better with homemade apple cider vinegar.
How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar At Home
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) provides you with many health benefits, especially if it’s raw. And the good news is it’s so easy to make it yourself. Granted, it takes a while to fully ferment but once you try the homemade apple cider vinegar, you won’t go back to the grocery store version.
Fermenting supplies and ingredients you'll need to make apple cider vinegar:
- 2 cups of apples (peels and core);
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey;
- 3 cups of filtered water;
- a mason jar;
- Easy Fermenter Lid.
How to make it:
- place the apple pieces in the mason jar;
- add water;
- add honey;
- cover the jar with a lid and shake until honey dissolves;
- cover the jar with the Easy Fermenter Lid or a swatch of cloth and a rubber band;
- let the jar sit at room temperature, in a dark place, such as your pantry for about 3-4 weeks;
- stir from time to time to make sure the apples are fully submerged in water;
- after 3-4 weeks, strain out the apples and allow the apple cider vinegar to ferment for another 3 or 4 weeks.
Health Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw apple cider vinegar is rich in potassium and enzymes. It helps digestion, promotes weight loss, and is a great source of antioxidants. And it provides many other health benefits you can see listed below:
- ACV improves digestion;
- ACV lowers blood sugar levels;
- ACV helps you burn fat and lose weight;
- ACV improves hair and skin health;
- ACV has anti-aging properties;
- ACV increases satiety;
- ACV aids heartburn;
- ACV promotes heart health;
- ACV has anti-bacterial properties;
- ACV is low in calories.
Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
This delicious apple cider vinegar dressing makes enough dressing to last you for a week. Store in the fridge and enjoy with all your salads.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil;
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar;
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast;
- 1 lemon;
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt;
- Citrus reamer;
- Mason jar.
- Juice the lemon with a citrus reamer. Make sure you remove all the seeds.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mason jar.
- Seal the jar with the mason jar lid and shake it until ingredients are combined.
- Add the dressing over your favorite salads and enjoy!